View Single Post
Capella
Dark Cat of the Sith

Send a message via AIM to Capella  
2008-09-04, 16:16

I've been iffy on the Aspire One because I've personally only had experience with 2 Acer machines, and both have been awful. The Acer laptop my mother has has been nothing but a problem for 2 years. The hard drive failed in the first year, and 3 months ago the sound died and we had to send it back to get that replaced. Even without the failures, I hate the keyboard, and it gets way too hot just surfing the web and playing solitaire. My roommate's Acer laptop had to get the videocard replaced.

In other words, while the specs and price are very good, I'm hesitant to pick up an Acer machine because of past problems. (Granted, since the Mini Inspiron is just out, we have no idea what issues it might have, so I'm planning on waiting a few months anyways.)

If I was to consider one, what's the Aspire's battery life like? Reviews of the Mini Inspiron are saying about 3 hours with wi-fi and screen bright; I'm hoping to find one with about 4 (hopefully more, but unlikely) hours without wifi and a dimmed-down screen. I've heard bad things about the Eee battery life.

"A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel my anger!" - Darth Baras
twitter ; amateur photographer ; fanfiction writer ; roleplayer and worldbuilder