View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2011-03-24, 13:50

The question to ask is "when have any of these allegedly in-the-know, connected industry analyst and pundits ever been right when it comes to Apple?"

Seriously. For years (I've been using Macs since 1993, and I've been following them closely, first via magazines, but then websites like this, starting in 2000 or so) I can't remember how many "Apple is in trouble" (or "doomed" or "needs to do this in order to survive", etc.) horseshit I've read and heard. And, naturally, it's only gotten worse since the iEra (when Apple has gotten legitimately, undeniably popular and performing so well).

You would think - after so many dead-on successes, user loyalty, high marks for customer service, products that are constantly improving on their predecessors, etc. - that some of these people would be like "we've misread the company for so long...they've obviously hit upon a formula that works and that the buying public responds to."

But nope. Some of them will never acknowledge such a thing. It would hurt their rep/cred in certain circles.

And all these years later, they're about the only tech company some people would ever seriously consider investing in (or buying products from). They constantly defy all this "conventional wisdom" and gloom-and-doom analysis.

So much so, that whenever I read or hear one of these typical reports these days, I automatically assume/read the opposite.

The day I'll start to get a little concerned is when a bunch of these guys are saying "Apple is in excellent shape, with a strong future of solid, popular products coming...we see good things for this company". That's when I know it's all over, and I'll start looking for a Dell and an Android-based phone.