View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2011-03-24, 21:45

Some of those quotes aren't just silly, they're self-contradictory. Like the first quote, from Paul Thurrott. “Problematically, the Android competition is just as expensive as the iPad lineup, so Apple obviously feels free to continue gouging consumers on iPad pricing.” Wouldn't the fact that none of the direct competitors can undercut the iPad on pricing suggest that Apple isn't "gouging customers on iPad pricing"?

And it's clear that Dvorak just doesn't get the iPad, and has no idea why anybody would ever choose it over an two-inch-thick notebook, or a Windows Tablet PC, or whatever. But where he goes wrong is insisting that all those customers are irrational for wanting something he doesn't want. As a core gamer who likes deep experiences I don't really "get" the Kinect, but I never said that I didn't think the masses would be interested. (I just had my doubts that it'd work as advertised.) And Dvorak doesn't just think that these iPad customers are irrational, he denies reality and insists that they do not exist. Even as late as December he is all "no one under 30 will ever buy an iPad!"

What planet does he live on?

Oh, and there's also a reference in there about all the people lining up to buy an iPad being "fools." Those damn Apple fanatics, always being the snobby ones to put people down for the products they choose. Oh, wait.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong