View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-01-31, 09:14

Almost all new aggregators suck for the sensationalism you mention. In fact, very few I've found actually have some level of "here is the news we have for you, make a logical conclusion on your own with these facts."

Personally I now just use my RSS aggregator and weed through the articles that pass through. My sources are everything from here, other forums, Gizmodo, Cnet, conservative sources, Christian sources, Slickdeals, etc....

The tech blogs fill the liberal side of things while the Christian and conservative cover the, well, conservative side. While I didn't subscribe to the tech blogs for liberal news, most of those writers are liberal and many of their articles aren't actually tech anymore, or they are written with a heavy liberal stance.

It is about as good as I'm going to get with being able to balance out.

Interestingly enough, I specifically don't try to look up local and national news. I get most of my headlines from those tech blogs, and the forums.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.