View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2023-02-09, 10:56

No problem! I'm still playing with it and decided to give another chance to running it on my MBP instead of the purpose built VM. I had to remove node 19 and install node 18. Not only that, but brew by default puts everything to zsh instead of bash. So I'm gonna finally move to zsh on mine for stuff like this. I've actually had a few things that brew installed that never worked and I assumed many different things than because it installed to my zsh profile instead of bash.

However, it works on my MBP and I had it hit a folder with a bunch of images and videos too! It had a total of 1423 files (some are PDFs and skipped) in multi depth subfolders. It crushed through all of them fairly quickly:
Code:
turtle2472@Quicksilver ~ % SECONDS=0 && thumbsup --input /Users/turtle2472/SynologyDrive/Images --output /Users/turtle2472/Desktop/Out/DriveImages --theme="flow" --no-usage-stats \ && duration=$SECONDS && maths="$(($duration/3600)) hours, $(($duration%3600 / 60)) minutes and $(($duration % 60)) seconds elapsed." && echo $maths ┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐ │ │ │ Thanks for using thumbsup! │ │ │ │ Don't forget to check out the docs at https://thumbsup.github.io/docs. │ │ │ │ When building a gallery, thumbsup reports anonymous stats such as the │ │ OS and gallery size. This is used to understand usage patterns & guide │ │ development effort. You can disable this by specifying --no-usage-stats. │ │ │ │ This welcome message will not be shown again for this gallery. │ │ Enjoy! │ │ │ └────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘ ✔ Indexing folder ✔ Processing media ✔ Creating website ┌────────────────────────────────────┐ │ │ │ Gallery generated successfully! │ │ 15 albums, 1380 photos, 3 videos │ │ │ └────────────────────────────────────┘ 0 hours, 9 minutes and 51 seconds elapsed. turtle2472@Quicksilver ~ %
Edit: I couldn't resist so I added 4 more images to the source folder and ran again just to test. It really did just rebuild with the new images and didn't re-convert everything else.
Code:
turtle2472@Quicksilver ~ % SECONDS=0 && thumbsup --input /Users/turtle2472/SynologyDrive/Images --output /Users/turtle2472/Desktop/Out/DriveImages --theme="flow" --no-usage-stats \ && duration=$SECONDS && maths="$(($duration/3600)) hours, $(($duration%3600 / 60)) minutes and $(($duration % 60)) seconds elapsed." && echo $maths ✔ Indexing folder ✔ Processing media ✔ Creating website ┌────────────────────────────────────┐ │ │ │ Gallery generated successfully! │ │ 15 albums, 1384 photos, 3 videos │ │ │ └────────────────────────────────────┘ 0 hours, 0 minutes and 8 seconds elapsed. turtle2472@Quicksilver ~ %

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.

Last edited by turtle : 2023-02-09 at 11:12.