View Single Post
Dorian Gray
Veteran Member

2005-12-12, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny5
if your keep your safari window at little bit shorter than full screen height, than the addition of the tab bar will enlarge the window to exactly compensate for the height of the new tab bar- so that there is no resizing of your content. it only shifts the window downwards.
Thereby eliminating the reason one might prefer Safari to hide the tab bar when only one tab is in use: to give Safari more window space with one tab. It's broken like the rest of OS X's "Zoom" functionality.

With a couple of exceptions, my settings are scarily similar to Brad's. Most important differences are "Tracking Speed" (set to half-way: I rarely use an external mouse and value pointer precision; all other rates are at maximum) and "Snap to grid" on the Desktop (the space wasted between columns of icons is huge, so I like being able to drop icons into the space between columns on my little 12-inch screen).

Single best change? Setting "Active Screen Corners" for Exposé. This revolutionises window-management in a way that clumsily clawing for Function keys never could. I have an iBook (like you chucker) and the trackpad works perfectly for throwing the cursor rapidly into a corner (and like I mentioned, my "Tracking Speed" is only half-way). I didn't really "get" what was so great about Exposé until I did this.