View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-03-31, 12:26

I think the days of hanging out with your buddies, drinking beer, opening your hood under a tree and working on your own car are winding down. You need a laptop and 1-2 engineers out there with you. A friend has a fairly new Subaru*(?) something-or-other and when you open the hood, it looks like a prop from some sci-fi TV show (just white-ish "panels", vs. anything looking like an engine or typical under-the-hood equipment). Nothing looks "wrench-able" or like a normal, mechanic-savvy human could do anything with it. You break down on the side of the road with this and you're at the mercy of AAA, Subaru "support" or (hopefully) a somewhat-nearby dealership.

Doesn't look like the kind of thing you'd pull out your little roadside tool kit from the trunk and check cables, hoses, bolts, etc. like you might've done 10-15 years ago.

Basically looks like a Macbook...sleek/futuristic, welded shut, probably can't fix/replace anything yourself.

*Not 100% sure the brand, but something small SUV/large station wagon-y and ~2018; with a handful of exceptions, cars all kinda look alike to me anymore...might be a Volvo or Saab, hell I don't know