View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-21, 13:43

I was considering a Nest, and then Google bought them. Knowing what Google is, my purchasing decision was immediately made, and not just for that item. So far, I have exactly zero internet-connected home automation devices, and am planning to add exactly zero over the next fifty years. Seriously, I'm waiting for the bomb to drop—the all-encompassing hack that lets the nefarious types into whatever home they want to access at 3 o'clock in the morning while your sweet little daughter sleeps in the next room and then suddenly is gone forever but there is absolutely no evidence of forced entry and so she is classified as a runaway.

No, and way!

I smell a giant rat, and I'm not taking part. It's bad enough that my phone knows where I am at any given moment. I am not turning my doorknob or lights or A/C over to the internet. I've already seen way too much damage with the whole "X-Corp data breach affects 500,000,000 customers who are now exposed to Pakistani fraud attacks".

Hell, no! You guys knock yourselves out.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)