View Single Post
curiousuburb
Antimatter Man

2005-11-13, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuelmosan
ooooh - thanks heaps - are they for mac? - probably a stupid thing to ask seen as though I am going through them now
Holy RTFM Batman...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kungfuelmosan
As far as i can tell - the site is detailing the features of rendering in maya and no reference of third party network rendering distribution - I've looked at the alias parteners link for network rendering and what im looking for is a FREE 3rd party application unless its really easy to use and setup in which case I will purchase it - if there is anyone in the industry - what programs do you use for network distribution of render jobs?
Did you miss the linked programs in the twice referenced link that were for Mac and were Free? Damn, dude...

From the description of MRender
Quote:
Very simple external Maya render tool for MacOSX. Formats a command line based on user set text fields then executes the render on button push. The command to be executed is shown at the bottom of the screen as it is updated.
One button for OS X... simple.

From the description of Farm Manager
Quote:
The Farm Manager is a client-server application used for partitioning & distributing compute jobs across a cluster of machines.
The main GUI application is the Farm Manager which is used for creating, queueing & partitioning jobs. The other half is the Farm Node which handles the launching and monitoring of a particular task on a machine.
The current version includes support for distributing Maya 6 & Mental Ray render jobs across a farm of machines. Version 2.x of the Farm Manager is built around a plug-in architecture which allows anyone to add support for virtually any application.
2.2 Changes:
- New output directory option for jobs
- Remote monitor crash fix.
- Bug fixes
Up to 3 nodes free... click their site to buy more nodes, cheap.