View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2014-12-07, 14:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo View Post
get hype

i can't wait to play mc again with you all because i has 1.8 and i can't figure out how to make a separate downgraded profile

but i'm confused, do we already know what this world looks like then? what is the seed?
The map is going to end up looking just like it does now. The seed is going to stay the same. So after the prune any expansion will uncover the map you see now. There isn't any real change in the land generation based on my testing using the same world we use now.

For making a new profile though, click "New Profile" after you open the launcher:

Then change the name to something different, and chose 1.7.9 in the dropdown for the world version:

Feel free to play with other settings too if you wish. When you finish saving, select the new profile in your dropdown by the profile selection:

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.