View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2016-03-22, 00:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Bobsky View Post
Isn't she in college? Phi Beta kappa? Aren't these high school math?
Yes, yes, and yes.

Everyone has a weak subject, and Jess' is math. She failed her college-level math placement test, so they required her to take a prep course. She has a very difficult time figuring the crap out on her own, so I have been helping her through the year. Considering I was a D-student in math, it's been hard for both of us. However, she is a fighter and has worked her ass off to get through it. This unit, though, has been very hard for her to pick up (and for me, too). Considering the unit landed right in the middle of mid-terms, it was doubly stressful, so she put math on the back-burner while she studied for mid-terms, which means she is behind.

We just finished going back over the entire unit and reviewing what we "learned" to this point (factoring radicals) so that we can work into quadratic equations and imaginary numbers (which I flunked my way through in high school).

For two people who hate math, it's been quite a challenge.

Yeah, yeah, it's high school math (which by the way, I knew then I would never use, and have never used ) . Then, it's one semester of college math this summer and then it's NO MORE MATH!!

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)