View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2020-12-01, 10:12

There are programs you can get that will allow scheduled application loading and quitting. They say you can use Automator but I've never gotten it to work right. Apple Scripting is an option too, but not worth my time to learn just for something this simple. You can also do bash scripts that run via cron/launch daemons. All of these other than the program you would buy are way more technical than I get the feeling you want to entertain.

The challenge with just turning off the VPN when not using it is when midnight comes around and you're still watching a show and the torrents start up you are left with them not passing through the VPN.

If you'd like I'd be happy to walk you through getting a solid setup that would allow you to accomplish the VPN on the iMac and wired AppleTV.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.