View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-01-12, 21:05

Yeah, the "bigger, better" thing doesn't necessarily have to mean good/positive/upbeat, I suppose. Someone high-up leaving Apple, depending on who it was, would be weird or important for people like us, but not the average Joe. So why the CBS/mainstream angle? I just don't think it's that.

I think it could be something on the economic/recovery/jobs front...manufacturing/assembly jobs coming to the U.S./North America? Related or not to the car thing? Perhaps even a "in partnership with the Office of the President Elect, we're proud - and ecstatic - to announce..." kind of thing? A final jab in the eye to the outgoing mental patient? Especially after last week?

Whatever they're wanting to announce, they want it out there via the non-tech/geek channels ASAP (otherwise they would've granted the sit-down with the usual outlets/journalists). Somebody, somewhere, thought this was more appropriate for Gayle King and CBS vs. Kara Swisher and her outlets?

I'm honestly stumped. I can think of 3-4 things it could be, but, with each one, the more I think about it, 1-2 things just don't hang or "fit" right.

Whatever it is, they've managed to keep the lid on it.