View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-24, 11:58

I think the big story here is that there are actually four Apple employees who own guns, and want a CCW permit!

Somewhere, Steve is surely rolling.

It’s a JOKE. Everyone just L(ighten)TFU before you even start...

Seems a little shady/weird, and that behavior was changed tells me the involved parties (the two sheriff employees) might know they were skirting the edge of things? I imagine tit-for-tat, under-the-table things like this go on all the time - it’s supremely naive and oblivious to think otherwise, IMO - but that it involves a) Apple and b) guns will likely elevate it to crisis - and prime media-whoring opportunity - levels for many.

I’m sure a Senate hearing is coming at any moment. Seems to have all the ingredients needed (Apple, firearms, corrupt law enforcement/city officials). That’s an absolute wet dream for some elected officials.

But I don’t know enough about firearms, licensing, city government, corporate security/"donations" and all the “gray areas” and what’s allowed/SOP involved. But if a legitimate, honest-to-goodness crime occurred, then any involved, guilty parties deserve whatever happens. Got no problem with that.

If it’s more a case of “this is done all the time, but the involved parties/objects make it a political football/grandstanding opportunity for people to fly their colors and get a little airtime” type of situation, then I honestly couldn’t give less of a shit.

Because I’m going to assume the four Apple employees aren’t paroled gangbangers with criminal records and arrest warrants, and that Apple hasn’t unknowingly facilitated a street war.

If these are security personnel (who else there would require guns on the job?), they can’t be just any random riff-raff/shitheads off the street, right? Don’t folks in those kinds of positions, especially for a high-profile outfit like Apple, have to get checked and vetted up the wazoo for such a gig? Probably former law enforcement and/or military anyway, who have forgotten more about firearms than most of us, combined, would ever know.

If Apple, of all outfits, investigated and found no problems (on their end, anyway), then it’s going to be difficult for me to get spun up over it.

But it seems like the two sheriff office employees might have some things to discuss/answer for. Sounds like they kinda started it all.

"Hey, if you throw some of those iGoodies our way, maybe we won't 'lose' your CCW paperwork..." *nudge, nudge, wink, wink*

The article clearly states their views on CCW permits, and their value. That they "managed to extract" a promise from the Apple employee reads a bit loaded, doesn't it? Seems like no iPads were given and I'm thinking those two sheriff's office employees have done this enough that if anyone needs "looking into", it's those two. God knows what they've managed to engineer over the years. It might just be the most nicely-outfitted sheriff's department in the entire country.

"So, wait...you're telling me that every chair in this entire building is a Sharper Image MassageMaster 3000™?"

"Yeah. Cool, huh?"

"Christmas in county lockup, is no fun place to beeee...." (sung to the tune of your favorite holiday carol).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-24 at 12:35.