Thread: House flipping
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2007-11-06, 00:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfecting_Zero View Post
Yeah, I'd say that's a fair and candid analysis, Enki. My gf and I just bought a wonderful house, which was in foreclosure, for under thirty-grand. When we ran the comps, other similar houses were selling for triple that price. We thought about selling the place in a year or so, but we like the house and the neighborhood more and more, so we'll probably stay put for a while. But yeah, it's easy to underestimate the amount of work (and time and money) that can go into a satisfactory renovation.
Thirty...grand?

For a house?

I know houses are cheaper in most parts of the country that aren't Las Vegas, but damn! Where do you live, Perfecting_Zero?

A few friends and I are talking about getting a loft after we escape Las Vegas. We share a love of the Pacific Northwest - Seattle, Vancouver, and especially Portland (I used to live in Oregon). But living in a city still seems expensive to this poor college student/small-town guy.

I wish we could find a deal like that. And it sounds like you really like it, too.

So congrats. And stay put.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong