View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2013-01-29, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
This article from yesterday makes the writer look like a chump!!

Why the imminent release of a 128GB iPad is unlikely

My favorite part of that article is that this...

Quote:
Another thing worth bearing in mind is that Apple has never bumped the storage of any iOS device outside of a refresh of the product.
... is flat out not true. Apple released both a 32 GB iPod touch (1st gen) and 16 GB iPhone (1st gen) mid-cycle. Good try, author. Better luck next time.

Now, back on topic: This is a great addition to the lineup, but I really hope that in the near future we see the iPad go from 16/32/64/128 to just 32/64/128, especially on the "full-size" model.

I'd also like to see a 128 GB option on the mini. To me, the mini is the perfect device for most stuff, but 64 GB isn't enough to make it my only computer. 128 GB almost certainly would be, though. If I had some mechanism to back up all our family photos in the cloud (Dropbox photo uploads come to mind) or a networked local device I'd be thrilled to go iOS-only, but only on a mini. The big one is just too damn big now that I'm used to the mini.

My family is probably not in the market for a laptop replacement for at least another 2 years, so hopefully this gets straightened out by then. I'd be quite happy paying $629 for a 128 GB mini, if it means not buying another Macbook. $799 for a full-size one seems like quite a stretch for me, though.

In fact, if they don't have a 128 GB mini by then, we would probably end up buying a cheap windows PC instead. I don't see another $1,000 laptop in the cards at my house. It just doesn't make sense in the context of our needs.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317