Thread: Car Talk
View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2020-10-13, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
Is a plug-in hybrid a vehicle that has a gas motor to drive or generate electricity where the vehicle can run only on electricity if it gets plugged in and charged?

This seems like a great way to extend milage if you can run a generator on gas for times when electricity is hard. I've been watching Long Way Up and seeing those guys struggle to charge motorcycles is what really got me thinking about that. Sure an all electric car is great if you have a charger at home and don't go far from there.
We’re not talking about remote parts of central and South America. I’ve driven 33,000 miles in an electric vehicle so far and spend nearly every weekend driving through the mountains and camping, even towing a camp trailer.

Subaru had a hybrid of the cross trek a few years ago as well, it was neon green and it was a fake hybrid, basically improved MPG by 5-10%.

Toyota and Subaru have been riding their success of the 2000s for several years now and going for short term gains. Love Subaru, still own an outback, but they are seemingly way behind on the EV transition, even more so than every other manufacturer.