View Single Post
Wrao
Yarp

2005-05-16, 19:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of the 'nut
I think we'll have to wait till tomorrow to see the answer to that question. PS3's awesome specifications aside, Nintendo has always been about the game, and I would guess the Revolution will be similar. MS and Sony are killing each other with trying to outdo each other but Nintendo could very well be the most innovative of the 3 after tomorrow.

That is what nintendo is repeatedly claiming. That the revolution is truly going to be a gaming revolution re:innovation and fun factor.

That said, it seems like the spec whore war with consoles has gotten to such an extreme point that even if the revolution provides the best gaming experience it will likely be dwarfed and forgotten about in the face of these two other juggernauts.

Of course, nintendo hasn't said much about the revolution, but they aren't fools, and they have indicated that it will be able to hold its own against the xbox 360 or the PS3. Which may have been true based on preliminary rumors of the two systems and not hold up against the final specs... we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, regardless of where nintendo is ultimately headed. I will still get a revolution, because I'm a big fan of their primary franchises.