View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-12-08, 17:54

If that's your career and all, I can totally see spending good money for the absolute best sound to do your job. It's the people spending $549 to listen to Cardi B that I find funny. To each their own; it ain't my money.

Like a lot of things, it'll be a "thing" among many. I always heard those Beats things weren't anything to write home about, sound-wise, but it became more of a fashion accessory/status symbol (I know so many people who have/had them) so things like this don't always have to be about what they're supposed to be about (audio quality, etc.).

Maybe these are different, and truly good? Great. It'll make a lot of people happy...people have been wanting Apple to do these kinds of headphones for quite a while, so, three weeks before Christmas, they got their wish (I honestly thought Apple was done with hardware releases for the year, so this was a genuine surprise when I saw their homepage this morning).

But I know I can't hear/appreciate $550 worth of quality or "next great experience", so it's not anything I could sensibly purchase. I do like how this green ones look, though.