View Single Post
kellte2

2005-06-07, 19:25

I've been having a problem with my iMac that the real genius bar has told me doesn't exist, but yet despite numerous hardware tests at the apple store, the problem still persists.

When I sleep my computer sometimes when I come back, the sleep light will be off. I press a key to wake the computer and the fan goes into vacuum cleaner mode and I have to hold the power button to turn it off and press it again to boot the computer. This is a pain, yet apple cannot reproduce the error so its not one to them.

Through all of this I ended up at this forum and noticed a thread about an eMac randomly shutting down. While this isn't word for word the same problem that I am experiencing, I decided to follow the advice of one of the board members and go into the open firmware and do a reset. The interesting thing was that upon entering open firmware mode, the fan went beserk again, though i was able to reset whatever it was that i was resetting.

So I guess my long winded question comes as a pair: Has anyone experienced this sleep shutdown problem and is the fan supposed to kick into high gear when i enter the open firmware mode??? Any response would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by kellte2 : 2005-06-07 at 21:13.