View Single Post
almost2mac

2006-08-16, 16:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile
Long shot, I know, but what the heck...

I've been interested in playing an MMORPG for a while, but I won't pay subscription fees, so I bought Guild Wars yesterday (plays PERFECTLY at full rez, high settings on my iMac). I've been running around leveling up but I've come to the point where I need some allies/friends. The one thing I don't like about MMOs is that you have to play with random people if you don't know anyone else playing, so.... Anyone play here? I'm a complete n00b when it comes to this stuff but let me know if you're a player. My account name is sbanawan at gmail dot com. PM or email me if you want to play.
Guild Wars is a fun game. This game is more team-centric than most as designed since you only are allowed eight powers from your skillset at a time, and the fine-tuning of each person's role in a group is the meat of the game. However, the storyline can be played alone...most of the time I have spent in that game has been by myself. Once you get past the intital area (after "the searing") there is a group of npc minions you can add to your group if you don't feel like dealing with the drama or time schedule of RL companions. Don't know if it's feasable to get through the entire game with them, but you shouldn't have to group right off the bat until you're more comfortable.

There's an initial quest to get a resurrect rune that people always want to party for (that's the whole quest...visit the quest giver in a group.)