View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2009-11-22, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capella View Post
As annoying as those customers sound, I think you fail to realize how obnoxious and arrogant some coffee shops (sounds like yours is the type) and their staff can be. I've walked into many coffee shops in San Francisco where you people just take it waaaay too seriously. It's fucking coffee and espresso for fuck's sake. Being a barista is not some sort of internationally respected specialty that entitles a person to be a dick to everyone that doesn't know how many shots are in what or what some ridiculously named drink includes.

I drink mu fair share of coffee and lattes and I get confused going into these places half the time too. Doesn't help the fact that they always write all the crap on some small chalkboard somewhere behind the counter so you can't see it from waiting on line or above the counter so that if you are at the counter you can't see it unless you back up.

The other thing is, your business needs to realize they sell COFFEE.... and when a business's entire model is based on that, they need to realize that most people aren't going to read the damn menu. They are just going to come in and order as they do everywhere else... so adding a medium to your menu or preparing drinks/naming drinks similar to other places is within the customer's best interest. I know I for one always go in and order a medium. Now you can either explain every single time how you don't have medium, or you can go call Solo cups, and get some medium cups, enjoy the extra 40-50 cents you can charge over the small and be done with it.