View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-21, 09:50

Well, I don't envision one mega-app either. Like I said, three or four would probably be about perfect. For example, there's really no reason why GIFun, PhotoToWeb and SliceAndDice couldn't all be a part of the same application. It really is kind of frustrating to have to jump back and forth because the apps are so specialized. Why not have one app where all web image workflow issues can be handled?

TimeEqualsMoney, LicenseKit and PackandGo could also be combined into a single powerful utility.

PStill could be integrated into Create for PDF functionality and iMaginator could stand on its own.

Now you have 4 apps - all with logically related functionality - where before there were nine. NINE! He's broken them down way too much and my guess is, the reason has solely to do with making the development process easier. He should take the time to integrate these things, adding a new unified interface that is more subtle and familiar to OS X users, to each "combined app" as he goes.

Yes it will be harder to do probably but the end result will be much more marketable products IMO.

...into the light of a dark black night.