View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2005-04-21, 10:22

As far as the UI, I hear a lot about how Create is non-Aqua or non-standard but I don't really know where much of that comes from unless maybe you're a hardcore Adobe user who expects their custom tabbed palettes and separate toolbars. It is palette-happy (I have mroe ideas of how to pull some palettes into the inspector and using disclosure tirangles), but nothing that's so unusual. I suppose the drawer tool "bin" is what throws people, but you can easily make that a palette in the prefs if you want. Structurally, Create has has a toolbar, an inspector (which could shrink a bit), and a tabbed resource library for different types of components that's drag-n-drop with thumbnail previews. If you look at an app like Keynote or Pages, it's the same. The details maybe are what you mean. People at Ars were taking issue with the horizontal effects chain, rather than a vertical one. IMO some of the inspector layouts could be tightened, and the inspector could be a bit smaller. But IMO the named tabs in the inspector are more legible than Keynote's or Pages' iconic tabs. The Resource library maybe could use a list view option as an alternate to the thumbnail views. There are of course details I'd like to see revised in it too -- library resource names are usually clipped, for example.