View Single Post
Moogs
Hates the Infotainment

2005-04-21, 10:37

Some things about Create I like (the OS X toolbar and clean look of the document window, even the drawer isn't bad). What throws me is how the main palettes are just crammed to the gills with stuff, and also use way too many bevel buttons instead of the flatter, more subtle variety available in IB.

In general I think some of the icons used with the buttons and toolbars could be a bit more subtle, Maybe use less saturated colors and have them be a tad smaller. There is a lot of visual distraction with the way Stone's palettes and modal dialogs are laid out IMHO. It's like a whirlwind of aqua glass and colorful icons and tabs. Gets frustrating.

While he needs to make the collection of apps less granular, he needs to make the collection of palettes more granular (and thus hopefully more easy to see each context's controls at a glance rather than sifting through levels of buttons and tabs). They should also be accessible from something akin to Adobe's Window menu, where you can quickly turn palettes on or off.

I think - basically - the feeling of it not having a standard OS X look comes less from the types of controls being used, as how they're being used in some cases. Anyway I submitted some feedback and if you want I'd be happy to test out some future version if he / you thinks that would be useful. More than happy to actively help and not just talk, IOW.

...into the light of a dark black night.