Thread: iOS 6 Wishlist
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2012-03-14, 14:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
DDG support as in "inancial support? Yes, that would be very nice.
No, I meant as in Safari technically providing DDG as a feature. DDG isn't going to financially support Apple; it's essentially a one-man operation. Far more likely, Apple might decide to support DDG instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugge View Post
On a related note. One of the things I like about Apple is that it is me, the customer, who pays Apple and therefore Apple build products that serve my interest firstly. This whole sponsored search deal is the worst exception from that rule and I would really like to see Apple put an end to it. So let that be my primary feature request to Apple as a company:

Only take money from me! I won't mind premium prices if I also get premium privacy.
Luckily, Google still happens to deliver a pretty damn good search experience, but that's in part chicken-and-egg. If more people were to use, say, DDG, they'd have an opportunity to refine it (much like millions using Siri while in "Beta" will let Apple tweak its quality before it goes final, too).