Thread: Wwdc 2017
View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-06-05, 22:27

Should I be surprised no one mention HomePod yet? No, I didn't think so.

At that price point it matches the HiFi from 10 years ago. This one apparently sounds much better, but I haven't heard on in real life yet.

Siri inside is not a shock, though the fact that the guts come from an iPhone means it is doing some real computing to make it's magic happen. Either than or they had a large stock of chips laying around they needed something to do with.

I like the fact that they acknowledge the privacy factor, they are the first company to put out a statement about the privacy thought for an assistant like this. I'm still not sure I want a device like this in my home, but if I were, the stance Apple has means I'm more likely to do it.

The details were a little fuzzy, but if this will play my iTunes in the Cloud library without me needing my phone or Mac playing to it then I'm also interested. Wondering how it works for when I do want my phone to be the source, or at least the control.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.