View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2017-07-31, 10:12

So I'm not very good with how good/bad WiFi travels through walls and such. I know walls with the chicken wire are like a faraday cage, but my house has normal sheetrock up with wood studs.

I'm thinking about moving my Access Points into closets near the main area of the house. This would keep them out of sight and yet be central to areas of the home. My concern is that if I put them in the closets that I would need more than I already do. Right now I'm figuring I need three to cover the different areas. I could get away with two, other than a brick wall where a previous owner did an addition but didn't remove the brick from the old exterior (now interior) wall.

I know some of you know way more about WiFi propagation and such, so how bad would it be to add one wall in either direction by putting the APs in closets rather than the hallways/foyer?

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.