View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2006-11-07, 09:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca View Post
Adding USB ports or a second RAM slot did not prevent Apple from including dedicated graphics. They have nothing to do with each other. That's like saying that because you're carrying a full backpack, you can't put anything in your pockets. Or that because it's an even-numbered year, you're not able to eat tuna noodle casserole. It makes no sense at all.

I'm predicting:
iLife 07 - No new applications, new versions of everything, easier non-.Mac publishing with iWeb
iWork 07 - Spreadsheet app, new versions of Pages and Keynote
iPhone - Yeah, I think it's time. I also think we'll see Apple go with unlocked GSM. It may sound crazy, but that makes it easier to sell globally right away. The Cingular thing almost undoubtedly fell through after they launched their own music service, and MVNOs are extremely expensive and rarely profitable (look how quickly ESPN Mobile went under -- Jobs witnessed that firsthand as a major player within Disney, and I doubt he'd put Apple through that). No way will they go T-Mobile-only in the US, either. Unlocked GSM, all the way. iPod nano capacity (I'm thinking 2 GB or 4 GB), high-speed data compatible.
Leopard - A release date, all the new features. I'm not ready to call the features yet. I'll come back to that.
iTV - Finally named and shipping immediately, 802.11n in all Macs, and a new Airport base station with 802.11n capability
Macs - No new machines, Core 2 Duo Mac mini, Super Drives standard across the line, 1 GB RAM standard in everything but the mini.

One more thing:
iPod - Touch-screen iPod finally released. Same basic functionality as the 5G, but available in 60, 80, and 100 GB capacities. Some PDA functionality (editing calendars/contacts). No full-on PDA. Not now, not ever.

Twitter: bwyatt | Xbox: @playsbadly | Instagram: @bw317