View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2009-05-05, 20:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by addabox View Post
Sloppy Joes. And not even special, gourmet Sloppy Joes, just browned hamburger meat and a can of, Jesus forgive me, Manwich, on white buns. It's my secret shame.

It's not like I have a horrible diet or eat a lot of junk food, or anything. It's just that every once and a while I get a craving, and once I make em up I cannot stop eating them. I mean, eat till I'm actually kinda sick can't stop.

Something about white bread and meat and tomato sauce is like heroin to me. My only solution is to make them infrequently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
I have a similar guilty pleasure to addabox's, in that I crave the crappy frozen pizza. Tony's to be precise. They're awful, obviously, but sooo delicious in a if-anybody-ever-catches-me-I'll-be-mortified sort of way. They're so terrible that one can usually find them on sale for 5/$10. Of course I never just buy 1/$2, I'll go whole-hog every time and pick up all 5 of the damn things, and eat them in a matter of a couple days before anyone finds them in my freezer. The way-too-sweet tomato sauce and fake cheese on a cardboard crust is SO GOOD.

And so nasty.
Really enjoyed reading these two posts. I'm not sure what to call the trait they exhibit about human nature, but whatever it is, it's one I share from time to time. It's nice that you're both owning up to cravings that you consider shameful. heh

I've become addicted to Klondike bars, and seem to have little or no control over the craving. If I buy them, I eat them 'all' in a fairly short period of time. Yumyumyumyummmmmm..... So, I have to avoid buying them as the only measure of self-control I can manage. Sheesh!

I think I've mentioned earlier in the thread that I feel pretty certain that garlic is addictive, at least for 'some' people. I wonder if that Manwich stuff has garlic in it. I bet it does.