View Single Post
kieran
@kk@pennytucker.social

2009-07-16, 07:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogs View Post
I like it. It looks clean and is easy to navigate. Love how that guy worked a Cindy Crybaby reference into his post about the Winter Classic. Actually, I agree that Burnside is wrong. Philly - Boston will be great.
Yeah, the guy who wrote that one just pretty much cover everything. He's a funny guy. I'm very excited for the WInter Classic. Thanks for looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joveblue View Post
Looks good, but wtf is "newspheed"?
As was pointed out, "newspheed" is just another way of putting the "ph" in there. Not really necessary, but kind of fun to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial View Post
I like the layout of the main page, but I don't care for the blockiness of the roll-over on the main and side navigation. The color change is almost too drastic.

Excellent start, though, looks very good!
Yeah, I don't really notice because of the size of my browser window, but I'll pass it along. Kind of drastic, I agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
"Newsfeed" with a "ph," a la "Phinally," "Phanatics," and, of course, "Philly."

But the "ph" is kind of awkward when it appears mid-word or -phrase. "Down on the Pharm" makes me think of pharmacuticals, and "Top Phive" just reads...wrong. But maybe puns are the phoremost phorm oph communication in Philly, I don't know.

That said, the "newspheed" seems to be more like a Twitter feed anyway; "Tis True. We Were Duped @User1 and @User2" isn't really a piece of news. I'd change the header, "Phollow Phinally" being the obvious choice.

The only design change I would consider would be putting "RSS Feed"/"Facebook"/"Twitter" explanatory text next to the icons under "Keep in Touch" in the sidebar. They're of debatable necessity, but it's not like you don't have the room.

Other than that, the only thing that weirded me out was the "Code support" part at the bottom. Are those the sponsors? They're nice and discreet but I don't really know what "Code support" means

Good job, all in all.
The newspheed is just a post where our Twitter feed is put on the site. I guess we could change the name of it. We'll talk. We could add the text under the icons as well. We'll have to put it in there and see what it looks like. I agree it could help, a lot of people don't know what those icons mean.

That code support thing is part of the WordPress theme. It was taken from a free site but modified a little. Can't afford a custom theme yet. I don't like how it's there either.

Thanks again guys for checking it out. I'll pass along the comments.

No more Twitter. It's Mastodon now.