View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2012-01-16, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Are the stone bricks different? Do they have a bit more definition?
Yes, that exactly! I tweaked the contrast a bit and brought out the edges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprops View Post
I didn't say that I didn't LIKE the new cows (I don't, actually, but that doesn't matter), I was just wondering what had happened to them... I think that's what they look like in the original texture pack isn't it?
Yes, the spotted cows are new with this texture update. I thought I had already distributed the new cow in the last update, but I've seen enough reports to the contrary that I'm convinced I must have been running with it on my local machines without having posted it to AN. Whoops!

In any case, the "new" cow is a spin off the original spotted MC cow texture. I'm not sure how much I like it either, to be honest, but I wanted to give it a try since the brown cow looked a bit like a retarded bear (no offense to any bears present), and most other texture packs I've seen stick with the spotted cow breed.

What do the rest of you guys think about the spotted cow? Better or worse? If the consensus is that it's a step backwards, I'll gladly pull it and revert to the old cow texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 709 View Post
Sandstone and cobble slabs act the same as before, ie: 2 stacked on one another create 1 "whole" block. I agree it would be cool to have a half-sandstone block option that could stack, but in the old days half-stone was (is!) a separate entity with graphic edges. Sandstone and cobble never were.
Correct! Smooth-stone slabs are the one special exception to the rule because they get their own whole texture, and the texture itself includes the horizontal line through the middle to indicate the two stacked half-slabs. The other slab blocks (wood, sandstone, etc) reuse the main textures. For the half-slabs, the texture is shifted down so the top of the block always aligns with the top of the texture, but for two half-slabs stacked together, the look is indistinguishable from the original source block.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.