View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-12-19, 03:07

Oh boy. What a day! If activity continues at even half this pace for any length of time, we're going to have a bustling city on the map soon. I spent almost the whole day and evening on the server, which I won't be able to keep doing, but it was still a lot of fun.

Here's a layout of the map so far, with the top pointing Northwest.

Areas of interest, starting from the top:
  • RowdyScot's fenced-in dirt fort
  • the "Mob Hill" area with SpecMode's awesome house
  • the sky bridge, also by SpecMode
  • at the end of the sky bridge, the "Bridgeport" area
  • at the end of the sky bridge resides the two-tone Castle Bryson
  • the White House replica is my new base of operations
  • the big glass area over lava is theelmerguy's, with a house/fort starting to form at one end
  • in the water, I build a boat house with supplies
  • on the western side of the bridges, Bonn built a house and tower, under which are the aforementioned caves
  • slightly up the hill is my first house, the "fortress of insanity"
  • down in the sandy area is the spawning area
  • there's a "safe house" nearby for taking cover, and cacti protect from baddies that might approach from the woods
  • further south, you'll see a mountain with scattered torches where bbsky is strip-mining, last I recall

Forgive me if I've forgotten something or misattributed ownership. That's a lot to track, and I don't plan on keeping a running list.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.