View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-01-06, 15:12

He writes "nothing else upgraded over my original iMac", so I'm taking that to mean that it does have the Fusion Drive (as his original iMac did?). But I may be reading it wrong. I hope it's everything he originally spec'd/paid for (Fusion Drive included, because that's big, IMO), plus the extra RAM for a bit of PITA compensation. Again, Apple isn't going to miss it. It's a rounding figure on their books, if that. Way more important to keep longtime, loyal users wanting to remain longtime, loyal users, given the choice between that and something that probably cost them less than $6 or whatever.

Hopefully there are still grounded humans in the mix who can make those situation-based judgement calls ("this guy's been through the wringer...match everything as close to what he original paid for; oh, and double his RAM, on us", etc.). This situation seemed legit and not just someone whining about a hairline scuff on the back of the case or whatever other silly stuff some people probably try to make a fuss about.

Anything involving one's display - cracks, marks, discoloration, flickering, multiple dead pixels, artifacts, etc. - I file under "needs serious, immediate attention" because that's your window into all this stuff. When the screen is jacked up on a device - Mac, iPhone, iPad - the whole experience suffers. I could forgive a wonky USB port or microphone before I could a goofed-up display!

Glad to hear it finally all got settled out. Enjoy!

PS - "difficult" doesn't have to automatically mean soul-crushing, blood-pressure-raising, on-fire royal-pain-in-the-ass. There is a difference, and sometimes that line gets a little finer than a person would like.