View Single Post
alcimedes
I shot the sherrif.

Send a message via ICQ to alcimedes  
2006-05-24, 00:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychester
I swear I only saw this thread just now. But it just goes to show, a true master can make lame post after lame post with nary a post count or rep point in sight.

For newer members, see this

That actually says "Keep your shirt on, Snowy. You're going to get them back you brainless twit. Do you think we'd be so stupid as to take them away permanently? There'd be all out mutiny after 3 days. People'd be plotting revolution in secret corners of the board, Mr English would log on under Brad's ID and confuse the hell out of some of us for a brief period of time, that bastard WLP would skulk off and register applenova.org........"

.........And the answer to the first of your questions in the other thread, alcimedes, which I could see on the groovy mini transparent window thingy that pops up when I get an email, is no. (Surprisingly enough, I'll admit.)
I know I shouldn't rise to the bait, but chester dear, you're entirely too verbose for me to ignore. Such a humorous, ironic, tongue-in-cheek response requires a reply of some nature, so here goes.

Post counts have been removed before (at .com). There was a school of thought that one shouldn't be measured by one's post count/quality over quantity, that whole thing. Consider this another trial of this school of thought. Post counts aren't worth anything, and don't do much other than let people know how much time you waste on an internet forum.

The rep system has always been a beta/test idea. It was built into Vb, we figured we'd give it a try. It's all still there, just invisible. You know our fascination with hidden things. Gotta have 'em!

No need to fester sweet chester, everything will be just fine!

Google is your frenemy.
Caveat Emptor - Latin for tough titty
I tend to interpret things in the way that's most hilarious to me