View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-12-29, 20:30

I still have yet to read Scates' book on the subject, but I have now seen the movie. The kid and I (and my mom, too) caught the 3:15 show in the VIP21 section of the theater (they let you pick your seats ahead and drink real booze! I didn't, but I could have. ).

Anyway …

We loved it! Unanimously.

I can't get onboard the hate boat on this one. There were a few eye-rollers, but they weren't bad enough to turn me off. I'm going to get my thoughts together over the next few days and post them, and respond to some criticism (after I read it), but head still spinning from the whole thing. The kid can't stop talking about how much she loved it (and she's no Star Wars apologist—she's loved the whole thing since her very first introduction while sitting on her dad's lap a long, long time ago …) and even bought her very own SW t-shirt to wear to the movie. We also ran into some friends and they loved it, too.

Anyway, the ending with the twin suns was predictable and also perfect! Such a series cannot possibly end in a better place. I would also say that we were all pretty close in predicting it to be very close to ROTJ and it was—partially.

Anyway, just some initial thoughts. I'll have more to say later.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)