Thread: Pets v.2
View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2005-07-21, 22:35

I *LOVE* your puppy, EmC. What a sweetie.

I like picture #15 the best, because she's SO relaxed that her body looks like it's sinking into the floor. Did you notice that?

And, yeah, I noticed right away that she liked sleeping on the air conditioning vents, because my puppy used to sleep on the cool kitchen floor, right where air from the ceiling vent would hit. I have pictures of her sleeping there, showing that the pads on her feet were still pink, instead of black which they became later. Puppies are so wonderful.

When I left for work (when she was a puppy), I would barricade her in the kitchen with a fairly large piece of plywood held in place by a heavy dining room chair. I didn't feel too guilty about having her there, since that was her favorite place in the house to sleep.

I came home one day to find her sleeping peacefully in the kitchen, but the living room was a disaster scene. She had gleefully dug dirt out of large potted palms and scattered it over the carpet; had ripped magazines to shreds, strewing paper everywhere; and had delighted in gnawing the corner of the dining room chair. She had managed to escape from the barricade, wreak general havoc, and yet had climbed back into her cool and comfortable prison to feign innocence when I returned. Oh, what a naughty little girl she was.

I love all animals, I really do. They're all wonderful and amazing in their own special ways. Of course, I love soft, fluffy, cuddly ones the best.