Thread: Pets v.2
View Single Post
BuonRotto
Not sayin', just sayin'

Send a message via AIM to BuonRotto Send a message via Yahoo to BuonRotto  
2005-07-24, 14:07

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I could only bring a dog into work on nights and weekends I think. There's no rule about this that I'm aware of, but no one does it unless their spouse or whomever shows up with the dogs at the end of the day or it's after regular work hours.

I don't do much business travel myself, but I would probably need to either find a sitter or find a good kennel and get the dog used to it early on. I'm still fairly new to the area so I don't have this close network of people who are willing to sit for me. Consistently using a particular kennel for a dog on those occasions during the year when I travel for distance (usually long weekends) would be important.

I could go home and walk the dog during the day if I take a long lunch. I go home now on occasion at lunch,eat and relax for a few minutes, and it takes me between 1 hour 15 minutes and an hour and a half to get back to work. There are plenty of walking services in the area too, just that I'd enjoy walking dog anyway and it's another expense that adds up. I'm asking folks around my complex about that and obedience schools. (FWIW, I would do the obedience training with the dog as opposed to sending it to a "camp" for a few weeks.)

And while I'm more of a dog person, I do like guinea pigs, cats, rabbits, and so on. Maybe that's more up my alley. I'm going to look into this as well. The more I think about it, the more I think that might put my mind at ease about the animal's well-being and still be fun to care for.