View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2014-09-04, 15:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yontsey View Post
I don't understand Apples obsession with U2. Am I the only one that think's they are vastly overrated?
No. But, to their credit, they no longer seem to be involving that pud John Mayer in any of their events.

That pic of the big white structure being built last week...you see a row of lighting that the top that is exactly what you'd see at a concert (stage lighting, etc.). Everyone was acting all "what is it?!" and I think I said "it looks like a concert stage", but it must have been at another site/forum because I don't see it here. I just figured they were having some sort of musical guest, and maybe moving it outside for a change? Nice NoCal September weather and all...

Isn't U2 all over the place when it comes to their backing/endorsements? Weren't they "supporting" (or being sponsored by?) Windows or Android something-or-other a year or two ago? I know they were, because when I saw it I thought "I thought they kinda threw in with Apple?"

It's one thing to have celebrity spokespeople who you know are longtime, dedicated and loyal users/fans. They don't have to be bought or "negotiated" with...they use the stuff, and they're happy to be associated with it. But when you have to go after people - who, just last year or so, were stumping for some other platform, that all just rings so hollow and stupid. It's like you're just a "mouthpiece for hire". How can anyone feel good or "inspired" by that? Are people really that malleable and easily-swayed, that they'll change loyalties because their favorite singer or actor is shilling for this company/platform this year (after years of being associated with the competition)?

All those people like Oprah and Rihanna who were nailed Tweeting their love/support for some Android-based (or was it Blackberry? I don't know...) something-or-other...from their iPhone/iPad).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2014-09-04 at 15:53.