View Single Post
Brave Ulysses
BANNED
I am worthless beyond hope.

2015-03-09, 10:05

I believe this to be worthy of a separate thread from the Apple Watch thread.

2 hours away and its surprising how much has remained a secret. Especially considering how public Apple has been lately (Jony Ives in a dozen magazines, Cook appearing everywhere and talking to anyone who will listen, the watch appearing in fashion ad after fashion ad, and the one-on-one work with high profile developers to develop apps for it)

Any final guesses for feature surprises or surprise announcements?

A few for me:
1. Apple Bluetooth Earpods/running headphones. Beat branding maybe? I can't imagine Apple advertising the ability to run with the Apple Watch without iPhone but then not selling the headphones... especially after they spent billions buying a headphone designer.

2. Announcement that they are working with a car manufacturer (maybe Tesla, but more likely BMW) to have the Apple Watch become the key and info center for the car.

3. Similarly, an announcement with a high end hotel chain (Starwood) for the Apple Watch to become the hotel fob.

4. Same thing for ticketing..... airlines (American Airlines), trains (Amtrak), etc

4. The Apple Watch Edition will be cheaper than some high end estimates, particularly by Gruber

5. An equal or heavier emphasis is going to be placed on its ability to be a personal identifier as well as a notification center for your phone. (2 through 4 above plus heavy pushing of Apple Pay, with expanded partner/retail location announcement)

6. No price difference for the two different sizes.

7. Available in 4 weeks.

8. Apple TV software update... may not be announced but will be released/demonstrated

9. Major sidestepping of the fact that the watch doesn't have its own GPS capability, especially when it comes time to demonstrate and promote its fitness tracking capabilities.

10. New MacBook Airs :-)