View Single Post
Mugge
Thunderbolt, fuck yeah!

2015-03-09, 14:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
MacBook Air 12" = I want.

edit: Apple is way too stingy on the built in ram. 8GB doesn't cut it. Especially for the $1599 price point.
Well, if the high-end version comes with a twice as fast SSD then you are probably not going to notice it too much. On my iMac with 8 GB RAM it's invariably the HHD that causes any delays and that's an eight years old machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Yup, right in line with what most were expecting. Look at the high end watch market some time, that's on the low end.
Just in line with Gruber & Co's guesses. However I'm sure that there will be some aftermarket modifications that will drive the price up tenfold, along with the tackiness.

Btw. I just saw on this spec sheet that the 42 mm versions apparently will have slightly better battery life and that power reserve will last up to three days. I suppose that makes that awful battery life somewhat more tolerable. Having complained enough about the battery life, I have to say that that "day in the life of an Apple Watch demo" did impress me and I think I'm over my Pebble infatuation now.