View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2015-08-29, 09:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinney View Post
Why is a 16GB base model disappointing? Do you think there should be an 8GB available as well?
16GB isn't enough. The iPhone 6s should have 32GB standard.

The real reason the average selling price of the iPhones went up about $100 over the previous year isn't just because of the Plus, it's because everybody is buying the 64s now. Especially after the whole iOS 8 update thing. Apple is cheaping out on the storage to try to upsell people, and it's working, but what they're doing is making it way too easy for an uninformed user to have a bad experience with an Apple product. They're prioritizing short-term profit over the long-term strength of their brand.

$649 is entry level for the iPhone 6s, but that's not a cheap phone. It shouldn't be a penalty box. There's going to be people who are still getting these phones next August, and they're going to be paying for them on their cell phone bills until August 2018.

There shouldn't be a bad iPhone you have to tell your friends and family to avoid, and I think the 16 kind of is that, now.

Also, the cheaper Galaxy S6 comes with 32GB standard.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong