View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-08, 18:03

As a lifelong (well, since my high school days in the mid-late 80's) viewer/fan, this one stings. I rarely missed this show all these years. It's the only thing I'd really always make an effort to catch. When traveling, upon reaching my stop (hotel, friend's house, etc.), one of the first things I'd always do is find out what time/channel Jeopardy came on in that particular city (always 7:30pm here in Chattanooga on the ABC affiliate, channel 9, and that was just always something I made time for; or would be sure to record if I wasn't able to catch it as it aired...the old VCR route, to modern DVR).

I knew it was coming, but still. When someone is part of your daily routine for 35+ years, it's gonna hit you a bit.

When he announced his illness earlier in 2019 - the type and stage - I figured it wouldn't be long. That he lived another year-and-a-half, filming/hosting shows and making other media appearances, is quite a thing.

PS - The thought of Alex Trebek passing within days of Sean Connery isn't lost on me, thinking back to those SNL sketches years ago.