View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-11-26, 03:57

He’d have to really keep himself reined in and focused. I don’t know.

He could be one of the upcoming temporary ones, which would be a funny, sweet tribute for a few episodes, for sure. I bet they’ve lined him up for that at least. I have a feeling he was one of the people they contacted/asked right away. I do think it would be neat if he did so, and actually did it completely straight, out of respect. You don’t wanna ham it up and do shtick, being the reason people don’t get to play a true, full serious match and earn as much as they possibly can. I know if I finally ever made it on and the temporary guest host just acted silly the entire time, I’d be pissed.

“Hey, assholes...I’ve spent 17 years trying to get on as a contestant, I finally do and only seven questions get asked the entire episode because Mr. Showbiz/Johnny Chuckles here has to crack jokes and perform mprov the entire time?!”

Sometimes I think they might surprise everyone and go with a total unknown who comes with no “baggage” of any kind, and would be a blank, clean slate who’d just naturally grow into the show as time went on? There’s nothing saying Trebek’s replacement has to be a known, famous figure. They might go the “star-maker” route and make someone’s career right in front of our eyes?

I still think Jennings gets the job, assuming his past Tweets don’t sink him. Depends on the producers/studio, and how much importance they place on the Twitter offense industry. From “bug off and lighten up, FFS” to “we’re severing all ties with Mr. Jennings effective immediately”, and all points in between.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2020-11-26 at 04:24.