View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-20, 10:06

You can't be serious. Did you watch his episodes? It's almost as though the guy had never been on TV (which shocked me, because I know damn well he has! ). He was horrible. I figured, between his long, successful acting career and all those years doing that reading show on PBS, that being in front of a camera came as naturally to him as anything. Like falling off a long, as they say.

There were others who did a far better job who should be considered first. I can't stand the man, but Anderson Cooper wasn't sputtering and stammering and forgetting which camera to look into, etc. There are 3-4 others who should be given consideration well before Mr. Burton.

And if those 3-4 don't pan out, for whatever reason, then sure...give it to LeVar and he'll grow into it and smooth out and probably make a fine host once he finds his groove/comfort level (because he's no stranger to that type of thing). But he certainly didn't automatically earn the gig based on what I saw.

I was expecting him to be the best of the bunch, just because he has so much onscreen/hosting/presenting experience. I was kinda stunned. Nerves? Rushed/lack of prep time? All legit reasons, but he was still far from the best and I wouldn't give it to him without considering a few others first. Funny thing is, the show isn't live. They could've reshot some of that stuff, but maybe that would mess with the flow or outcome and raise questions of fairness, etc.? I think all those fill-in hosts were thrown to the wolves and most of them did pretty well, considering. Including Richards.

But, in 2021, God forbid you're not perfect and without a blemish of some sort (oh, you can have them, you just better be sure they point in the right direction or are able to be overlooked by Twitter).

I thought that guy from Dirty Jobs, Mike Rowe, might make a good host. Good personality, voice, seems like he's got a brain in his head. And I still think Brooke Burns (don't laugh) would hold her own. She's hosted two other quiz/trivia shows (The Chase and Master Minds) and even if she looks it, she doesn't come across as a stereotypical "dumb blonde". She paired nicely with The Beast and Ken Jennings was a regular panelist on Master Minds, so she's used to being around that type of person/player, and she did a great job on both of those shows, reading some pretty complex questions and never stumbling, always pleasant with the contestants and, yes...quite easy on the eyes (let's not lie...that factors in too, even if people like to say it doesn't).

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-08-20 at 10:22.