Thread: Pets v.2
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-08-28, 08:38

Apologies for the six-year bump, but I knew such a thread already existed and didn't think I needed to create a new one...

I've mentioned Jasper a few times here, and Capella and others have asked about him. Now that I've gotten a bit of a handle on Imgur image-hosting (after two centuries of Dropbox), I can share a few pics of the little man.

He's solid black except for two cute little patches of white: a "Superman" triangle on his chest and a little 2-3 area on his tunny that is only ever seen if he's lying on his back or rolling around.. Other than that, he's a Halloween kitty.

Here is is when he first showed up in my backyard in July 2017. The vet estimated he was around 2-3 months old at the time.

Here he is being that black cat fireworks (or is the EverReady battery?) logo:

Heaven forbid he slept like a normal cat:

"I's testing your lunch, Daddy, to make sure it isn't poisoneded...".

Possibly my favorite...the pose, lighting, his expression, his shiny baby seal coat, etc.

I sometimes call him Vlad:

And here he is, from last weekend, with some of his toys.

So there's Jasper. He showed up as a little emaciated stray just over four years ago. We seemed to hit it off/bond immediately, and we've been a package deal ever since. He seemed to show up in my life when I needed something to focus on/care for, so I kinda think it was meant to be. People talk about how I saved/"rescued" him. But to tell you the truth, it's the other way around.