View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2021-09-15, 13:48

I wasn't so bad, after three four weeks I was feeling myself, though in the last few weeks I've gotten some recurring bouts of fatigue, I put it down to stress (eating) and having let myself get really out of shape over the last half year. I'm restarting light with daily walks. I'll start hitting the rower and weights in a couple of weeks. I never felt short of breath, just got a super elevated heart rate for the better part of a month. The Mrs went into ARDS. It's so pernicious. We were both 5-10 days into COVID, no fever, not too much coughing, just a little tired, when suddenly she's completely white and lips gone grey. I think we don't do a good job describing what to watch out for. We tell people to seek emergency help if they're short of breath, but for people whose lungs are being compromised slowly by a build up of CO2 in the blood, that sign may be cutting things dangerously close. Almost right until I walked her into emergency, she was telling me she just felt a "little tired."