View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2005-03-25, 02:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Virtual PC gives you the ability to run multiple virtual systems with ease. I, for example, have a Windows 98 setup, a Windows 2000 setup with IE 5.5, and a Windows 2000 setup with IE 6.0. I have the latter two separated for testing web site code in the two browsers.
Thanks for expanding on my answers, Brad.

You could of course do the above on a PC.
Not running simulataneously, but then I doubt you would run them simultaneously on VPC - even though you could.

It is also worth rememebring that a downside with VPC (albeit not a particularly significant one) is that if you have a problem on your Mac, or need to shut it down you also have a problem with your PC or have to shut it down.

Oh, and I have found that having a couple of Windows installations on a laptop does tend to be a drain on hard drive space.. So much so that I have archived my XP installation on my 17". But then that is nice too.. As well as being able to "pause" a running PC for as long as you want, you can actually archive the whole damn thing - running or not - for as long as you want...

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt