View Single Post
faust

2010-03-12, 11:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Ulysses View Post
Hm... perhaps you should speak for yourself and not for everyone as I have and do live and work in NYC as does most of my extended family and friends.

But your statement unfortunately was true of many New Yorkers without a doubt. But I pose the question to you... why?

Don't claim disruption and traffic, that's a daily occurrence anyways and I really have a hard time believing a city as big and use to large events as NY would really be that negatively impacted... especially for 2 weeks. NYC could certainly use the facility upgrades.
Plenty of surveys were done and never did I see one where close to 50% of NYC/LI, Northern Jersey folks approved of having the games here.

Why would people already overtaxed want to lay out more money for the games?

Don't tell me anyone ever comes out ahead financially from the games because that isn’t true.

NYC is hard enough to move around in, what a cluster fuck this place would be with all the additional tourists and athletes. Ever look to see what a bitch it is to move around when the UN is in session, the President is in town or even on St Patrick's day?