View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2014-09-07, 01:27

So far, I haven't had a pigman spawn in the prototype.

Speaking of which, there is now a prototype built out in the Nether in the AN map. From spawn, take the North passage until you see a little bump-out in the path (just past Drew's Shooting Gallery). There is a door into the prototype that I would like to keep closed at all times. This keeps the pigs out so we can see if they are spawning.

The prototype is public in every way. Feel free to look about and make changes. However, if you do make changes, I would like it noted here in the thread so we have a running record of what changed and why. Also, changes should take into consideration pigman spawning. Floors should be glass, blocks with something on top of them (such as torches), or slabs at half-height. Near as I can tell, Pigdudes aren't spawning on those things.

I feel the best way to have a community project like this is with both a thread and a running prototype that can be updated and all can walk through.

Just before the wipe, we can all decide on a final design that will get photographed and posted here so we have a template to work from. Should we decide a wipe is imminent, Jess suggested we establish a "donation box" (or boxes … many, many boxes ). We can build a temporary building near the Space Needle to house said boxes and boxes and boxes. The current prototype will likely use 10+ chests* of glass, 10+ of stone slabs, 1 of iron fence, 1 of glowstone, 1 of rail, and a smattering of miscellaneous supplies. It will be very [expensive] resource heavy.

Should we decide to do this, I plan on cashing out for supplies. Grey has also offered to contribute. We will need a lot.

* All measurements are in large chests.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)